Skip to content
9jaupdate24x7
Menu
  • ABOUT US
  • News
  • Africa update
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact us
Menu
Top U.S. Officials Present Trump With Military Options for Possible Venezuela Operations

Top U.S. Officials Present Trump With Military Options for Possible Venezuela Operations

Posted on November 14, 2025

Senior U.S. military and defense officials have briefed President Donald Trump with a range of strategic military options, including potential strikes and ground operations, against the Venezuelan government in the coming days. This move comes amid escalating tensions over Venezuela’s alleged links to drug trafficking and growing concerns about President Nicolás Maduro’s hold on power. The briefing follows significant U.S. naval deployments to the region, signaling a readiness for a swift and decisive response if ordered.

According to CBS Senior military officials on Wednesday presented President Trump with updated options for potential operations in Venezuela, including strikes on land, according to multiple sources familiar with the meetings at the White House.

Secretary of War Pete Hegseth, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Dan Caine and other senior officials briefed the president on military options for the coming days, the sources said.

No final decision has been made, however, two of the sources told CBS News.

White House spokespeople did not immediately comment. A Pentagon spokesperson declined to comment.

The U.S. intelligence community assisted in providing information for potential operations, the sources said. Director of National

Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard did not attend White House discussions because she was returning from an overseas trip. Secretary of State Marco Rubio was in Canada at a G7 summit of foreign ministers.

Earlier this week, the USS Gerald Ford carrier strike group entered U.S. Southern Command’s area of responsibility. Southern Command is the primary combatant unit for operations in the Caribbean and South America.

The Ford joins a flotilla of destroyers, war planes and special operations assets that are already in the region.

Over the last two months, the U.S. military has conducted strikes against at least 21 vessels it alleges were ferrying drugs from South America to the U.S. (There have been 20 strikes so far, but an operation in late October targeted two boats.) At least 80 alleged smugglers have been killed in the strikes. Two survived and were repatriated to their home countries of Ecuador and Colombia. The man released in Ecuador was freed because authorities found no evidence he had committed a crime.

At a defense summit Wednesday in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Hegseth raised the Trump administration’s offensive against narcotics traffickers.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Japan, US Agree to Coordinate on Yen Volatility and China Challenges Ahead of Trump-Xi Summit
  • American Gunmaker and his Wife k!lled in Murd3r-Su!cide over land dispute
  • U.S. Customs And Border Protection Issues Travel Warning After Confiscating $44,000
  • Netanyahu Tells 60 Minutes Israel Wants to End Dependence on U.S. Military Aid
  • Trump rejects Iran’s proposal after days of attacks. What to know

© 2026 9jaupdate24x7.com. All rights reserved.

Home
Privacy Policy
Contact Us
No Form Selected This form is powered by: Sticky Floating Forms Lite